SPARK PLUG/ IGNITION COILS LAYOUT

2004 Infiniti G35 • 120,000 miles

Hello, I was replacing my valve covers and gaskets and seem to have misplaced the ignition coils on the driver side of my engine. The numbers that used to be on there are deteriorated and no longer exist. Is there a way to describe how they come off the wire harness and match to each coil? My engine seems to misfire, bog out then stall.
Aukword1

The coils does not matter and they are not marked for each cylinder. What matters would be the installation and wiring. Ensure everything is plugged in correctly and no sockets are loose.

But my question is within the wiring, is there a way to tell which plug goes to which coil off the wire harness?

Aukword1
Under normal circumstances the wires should fit into each cylinder nicely due to there lenght. You should not fail reinstall them correctly but if the wire harness insualations have deteriorated, there is a possibility you can reinstall them out of position.

You would need to use wht wire color to determine which is for which. Check the diagram.

Thank you

Aukword1