RATTLE

2004 Hyundai Tuscon • 130,000 miles

I have a rattle coming from beneath the car, But it is only when the egine is labouring or under load, I have checked the exhaust system with taps with a rubber mallet and everything seems OK.
Machanics have test driven the car with the windows open but come back scratching their heads, They seem to think that it is coming from the rear of the vehicle.I have had this problem for the last 6 months, I am coming to the end of my tether with it, Hope you can help.
Regards Chockhead
Chockhead

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

Had same problem with my tucson its the clutch plate hope this helps

Roystebbens