HYUNDAI TIBURON CLUTCH PROBLEM

2004 Hyundai Tiburon • 198,000 miles

I need help! I accidentally ran into a tree with my drivers side tire and it bent my control arm, so I replaced it. Then I went to take it for a test drive but it was difficult to put it into gear and there was a vibration and softness in the clutch pedal. Also my steering alignment was messed up. I did replace the clutch slave cylinder hoping it would fix the clutch issues but it didnt change much. If I pump the clutch pedal it goes into gear easier but it still shudders when I release the clutch pedal and it wont shift while driving until the rpms go down. Could hitting the tree with the tire cause these (5speed) manual transmission problems? If so, is there any suggested areas to inspect?
Shoemakinmechanic

If you had bent the control arm, there could be more damage than it alone. The steering out of alignment indictes more damages are present. Check the steering tie rod for damage. A wheel alignment would be necessary to check how much the alignmet is out ahd help to locate source of damages.

As to the clutch, it might not be related to the accident, just coincidence that the clutch master cylinder has failed. A proper diagnosic would be required. Ensure the accident has not affected the clutch fluid lines and slave cylinder/lever movement.