WHAT IS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CODE 11 AND 8 ON ?

2004 Honda Civic • 300,000 miles

When I reset the ECU code 8 will vanished but not code 11, it was stored. Engine starts and runs smoothly but after an hour of driving, the engine stalls. And everytime the engine stalls I quickly look for DTC. Again and again everytime the engine stalls the code 8 is present. And as soon as I reset the ECU, engine will start again. I search for code 8 and the description is top dead center (TDC)sensor no signal/ intermettent signal interruption. Is this the possible reason why engine stalls? And for code 11, I can't find any exact description for this code. Some people says its overheating protection.I had replace the thermo switch for fan but nothing happens(i just throw money)and I had read on one of your column about engine hesitation and stalling that some troubles can't detected by scanner. And CEL may goes off if the engine runs smoothly or if replacing a suspected bad sensor(on my case maybe it's the TDC, im not so sure) now im asking for your consideration about my engine stalling. Your answer is appreciated too much.
Henryx

Those flash codes are just generic codes that don't tell you much of anything. You need to have the codes read using an OBD2 code reader so you get the specific "P" code.

Wrenchtech
Thank you.I did it too, and OBD2 throw P1214 code. Again I didnt get exact description for this code. What does it mean

Henryx
There is no P1214 for that car. You need to use a different scan tool or code reader.

Wrenchtech
This codes is not listed in our database for this vehicle. Can you reconfirm the code?

My previous post didn't show up for some reason. I suggested you try a different scan tool for the same reason. That code isn't listed for that vehicle.

Wrenchtech