4X4

2004 Ford Expedition • V8 4WD Automatic •

I recently had my 04 expedition interior detailed and while it was being detailed the detailer must have switched the drivetrain to 4x4 high. I didnt notice it when I picked my truck up and took off on the highway with it in 4x4 which I know your not supposed to do. About 5-10 miles later as I pulled in my driveway I felt/heard a grinding noise and it felt like it was locking up. Thats when I noticed it was on 4x4. Immediately I switched it to 2 wheel drive and it operated fine. I continued to drive it for two days and it still operates fine in 2wd but what is the possible damage? Transfer case, transmission?
Crockbull83

No it will be fine. The front and rear gear ratio's are equal so as long as the tires are all the same size it will not harm it. What you felt was turning it made the front tires bite a bit more.

Racefan966