GLOW PLUGS BURN OUT WITHIN A DAY

2004 Ford Everest • 40,000 miles

I am having problems with a Ford Everest not starting.
I have changed the glow plugs and the car started well initially. After running it for a day and having it start ok I left it for a weekend and on the Monday it did not start. Cngine would crank but not fire. Push started ok. Had an auto-electrician look at it and changed the plugs again along with the relay. Vehicle started first time. Next morning same problem and the car would not start, cranks ok.
Checked the voltage of battery - 12.4v, checked the voltage getting to the metal bar connecting the 4 glow plugs - 12.4v while coil light is on on the dashboard and 0v when off. Relay works ok. Measured resistance of gow plug rail to ground 88k ohms.
Any suggestions where to look next as I cannot afford to replace 4 glow plugs on a daily basis.
Mick1885

I would suspect the quality of the glow plugs replaced.

Glow plugs used are Model: Mazda s2 made by HKT and have a part number PZ - 30. These were the same as were fitted when the vehicle worked previously and I have been assured that they are the best available, or rather not Nigerian.

Mick1885
Glow plugs don't burn out easily and other than the quality, then the relay must be staying on loner than it should causing them to burn off.

Both times were the glow plugs of the same brand?

Yes they were. The relay is switching off after a few seconds now. I have put a voltmeter on across the glow plug rail and -ve battery terminal and 12.4v is given until the relay clicks off. No more than 10 seconds.

Mick1885
In this case, either the glow plug quality are suspect or they are not of the correct specification.

Ok. Any idea where I can find the spec for glow plugs for a 2004 Ford Everest? I have searched the interweb all day with no luck.
Would you know of a website I could check?

Mick1885
I don't know where you can get the information but I tried Ford Technical Resources and could not get into the workshop manual section.

Let me have your VIN and I will try again to see if I can come up with anything.

VIN MNCLS4D405W110877 manufactured in Thailand for Ford.

Mick1885
Sorry I could not get any technical information though the VIN allowed me to get the details of vehicle only.

Thanks for trying anyway.

Mick1885