I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO CHECK.

2004 Ford Escape • 150,000 miles

My Ford escapes lights recently started going dim then bright then dim etc. Now when it does so, it also pulls the blower motor down. I checked the alternator with a volt meter and it is putting out 14- 14.5 volts while parked.
Brian Holsey

Is that the voltage reading when the problem is happening?

It only seems to happen while moving, and I have no way to check it then. The readings I made were while it was parked.

Brian Holsey
Get a innova volt meter that plugs into the cig lighter to see it while driving.

Ok

Brian Holsey
I checked this with the innova and it showed normal 13.8-14.5 at first while driving. But, at times it starts fluctuating between 11.8- 15.7 and everything in between. Then it will go back to normal voltage. While idling it shows normal, but if I rev. The motor some, it will act like it did above, 12-15 volts and then back to normal.

Brian Holsey
Looks like the voltage regulator is failing.

That is what I was thinking. I guess a new alternator is needed. Thanks

Brian Holsey
My battery light has been staying on most of the time for the last year or so, going off occasionally and then back on. But, the car has always charged correctly and we have had no problems until recently. Could this have anything to do with the problem, and if so how would I test the circuit or fix it?

Brian Holsey
IF YOU HAVE AN ADVANCE AUTO PARTS STORE NEARBY---TAKE IT THERE AND INSIST ON A "FULL SYSTEM TEST" USING THE AMP CLAMP AND A SEASONED EMPLOYEE. NOT THE NEW GUY!

THIS TEST WILL TEST THE BATTERY/ DRAW ON THE STARTER/ CHARGING/ PARASITIC DRAINS. DURING THE CHARGING STAGE, YOUR ENGINE MUST BE REVVED TWO OCCASIONS WITH AND WITHOUT "LOADS". IF THIS DON'T HAPPEN

YOU ARE BEING CHEATED!

IF YOU ARE NEEDING SOMETHING. LIKE A BATTERY OR ALTERNATOR. HAVE THEM LOOK UP THE PART. ASK IF IT'S IN STOCK. YOU WRITE DOWN THE NUMBER!

HEAD BACK TO THE HOUSE AND GET ON YOUR CYBER BOX AND ORDER IT/ PAY FOR IT ONLINE. USE THE BEST PROMO CODE YOU CAN (FABU WAS WORKING YESTERDAY). SELECT YOUR STORE. IF YOU CAN GET YOUR ORDER OVER $100, PADDING IT WITH ADDITIONAL ITEMS YOU WANT, TO GET OVER THE $100 MARK (SUBTOTAL W/ NO TAXES ADDED YET). YOU CAN SAVE $40!

IF THEY FIND NOTHING WRONG. WE ALL WILL CONTINUE!

IF I'M DEAD ON.I'D LIKE A STEAK DINNER AT OUTBACK. OR SOMETHING FOR ONE OF MY JEEPS! LOL!