FORD ESCAPE ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Ford Escape • 89,000 miles

I just purchased the car, I changed the plugs because were gapped at.32, the car calls for.52-.56 so I set it at.54, I put everything back together gaskets were fine. Now when I start the car it shakes bad and engine rattles like a misfire or something. When I unplug the iacv the car should cut off but doesn't so I replaced it and that still didn't fix it. Then I sprayed brake cleaner everywhere and no change in idle so there's no leak.I'm or of ideas and there is no check engine light. The car is being horrible gas mileage and has no power/go at all when I push the pedal hard. Please help
04redblur

First removing the wires from iac it should not stall. Should maintain a low idle.

Did you replace the plugs with new? Coils?

It would also help if we had an engine size?

Sorry its a v6 3.0
and yes new sparkplugs gapped a.54
everything worked fine before I changed them but now it has a misfire it seems like
car idles at about 500rpms and as im driving the car jumps and shakes

04silverblur
LOOK OVER THE HOSES, MAYBE YOU CRACKED ONE OR PULLED THE OTHER END LOOSE

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON?

WENT BACK WITH OEM PLUGS. OR FOLLOWED THE CROWD WITH SOMETHING WONDERFUL AND SPECIAL?

IS THE EGR BACK TOGETHER AND FUNCTIONAL?