POSSIBLE TIMING PROBLEM

2004 Dodge Ram

I have a 04 Dodge Ram 3.7, and I just replaced the right cylinder head because the #2 rocker tower was broken, prior to removing the timing chain I set the crank to tdc to insure the other two chains would stay in time. When replacing the chain I set the cam sprocket at 12: 00. The truck idles really rough, no codes, or misfires on the monitor but the temp. Sensor is only reading outside air temp and so is the gauge What could that be caused by and is it possible that the ECM needs to be relearned on this 3.7 because of the rough idling? I am puzzled This far from my first timing job but it does make me feel like is. Help please

Recheck yoru timing marks on the timing chain, crank, and counter balance shaft to make sure they are ok. Tis should help.

I have done that and still runs real rough, is it possible that the system may need to relearn itself, and if so how is that done. I am so frustrated.

It relearns when you start it. Check for a vacuum leak or hose off someplace. Then recheck your iginition system or one or more spark plugs having a piece of junk in the electrode.

It has new plugs

Still check for junk in them as it can happen during installation