WHY AM I HAVEING TROUBLE GETTING MY CAR IN REVERSE?

2004 Dodge Neon

Recently I have been having trouble getting the 5 speed manual transmission into reverse. The car's OBD is not showing any codes. What could be the cause? Do I need a new clutch or is it a problem with the linkage?
Masson42

A manual transmission wont set codes. So does it grind into reverse or just hard to get into it?Also any other gears have a problem?

There is no grinding of gears it just has a problem going in. I have tried granny shifting and double clutching to get it in with no success. I think it may be a clutch or linkage issue but I am no good with transmission work.

Masson42
If its a clutch/pressure plate issue it would effect all the gears not just one. You going to have to inspect the shifter cables etc for excessive play loose unhooked. Something thing that just doesnt look right If nothing there its in the shift tower on the transmission or inside the transmission itself. Could even be a damaged syncro/blocker for reverse inside the transmission.