DODGE CARAVAN ENGINE PROBLEM

2004 Dodge Caravan • 129,323 miles

I have no spark from the coil, what could it be?
Derek bogar

Did you check primary voltage to coil?

Yes, it has voltage to the coil but none coming out of the coil.

Derek bogar
Primary voltage is the brown wire with white tracer, at the coil. Voltage comes from asd relay. Computer won't ground asd relay unless it sees the cam and crank signals. There could other issues. Can you check for applicable treouble codes? To check codes, yourself, at the least you need an obd2 code reader. The national brand autostores should have code readers. Or spring for a scanner that will not only read codes but will also show live engine data. They do call some code readers, scanners, but they won't show live engine data.

What is engine litre size?

3.8

Derek bogar
Do you have primary voltage at terminal 2, Note diagram, with engine cranking. Get a helper to crank it.

Yes.

Derek bogar
I looked at 3.3L first, then the 3.8l. The coil wiring appears to be the same.

Terminal 2 in the diagram is primary voltage. Terminals 1--4--3 are grounds, controlled by the pcm. One ground for each coil, each coil fires two spark plugs. If you use an led testlite between terminal 2 and any one of the grounds, engine cranking, is there a pulse?

I got some errands to run, talk to you later.

Page 1 of 2