ABS REPORTING 9 CODES

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche • 190,000 miles

ABS Current Codes
C0265 Solenoid Valve Relay Circuit
ABS History Codes
C0241 PCM Indicated Requested Torque Malfunction
C0242 PCM Indicated TCS Malfunction
C0245 Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error
C0246 Right Rear Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
C0251 Left Front Wheel Speed Sen. Ckt. Open or Short
C0252 Active Brake Control Sensors Uncorrelated
C0265 Solenoid Valve Relay Circuit
C0298 Traction Control Malfunction
Codes read by a Innova 3160.
I verified the EBCM ground is not the issue by unbolting it from the frame,
bolted it to a 8ga jumper wire and gator clipped the other end to the
negative battery terminal.
The C0265 code will generally trip within 3 minutes after turning the key
to the on position (engine off, and no peddles depressed).
If no codes trip 4 minutes after turning the key on, I can tap once on the bottom
of the ABS Solenoid and the C0265 code will instantly trip.
I would much appreciate some guidance.
Gtejas

With all the error codes, I'd suspect a control module malfunction.

Rivermikerat
With no disrespect, but duh. Practically any ABS part or combination of parts are suspect. What I need is a way to prove or disprove that the EBCM is bad. I know a typical symptom is when the Solenoid motor will not turn off. I do not have this symptom. It turns on for about 30 seconds throws the code C0265 then shuts off.

Gtejas
If you have a meter, make sure the solenoid valve circuit has no shorts. Check the grounds for all of the system electrical components.

Rivermikerat
Also use the meter to check the other circuits. The wheel speed sensors, etc.

Rivermikerat
Rivermikerat, your generic answers have proven worthless in helping me solve this issue.
Thankfully there are other forums with people who actually help people solve their problems.

Gtejas
Diagnosing a computer/sensor-related problem with minimal information and no specialized training in that exact make and model is very difficult. Not being a Chevy factory-trained tech with advanced training on just the 2004 Avalanche ABS system, I am unable to tell you to check voltage on wire 'X" or at pin 'Z', or to check pressure at outlet 'Y'.

Your first response to me is incorrect. When the computer system tells you that almost every electrical component in the system is reporting errors, you typically suspect the computer, not all of the sensors, since these parts tend to fail individually, unless the owner has somehow injected a major over-voltage into the system. Since you didn't mention anything about fried wires, an ozone odor, or any other evidence of a major electrical overload, again, the main suspect part is the control module. From my research on other issues people have had where their system reports faults in a majority of the sensors, the factory experts and engineers also tell them to suspect the control module. Taking it one step further, you're saying that tapping on the ABS solenoid causes it to throw a code also tells me that the solenoid is probably also bad.

I'm sorry you consider my efforts worthless. You're the first.

Rivermikerat