CADILLAC SRX STARTER PROBLEM

2004 Cadillac SRX • 63,158 miles

I tried starting my car earlier this evening and there was an issue. The engine didn't fully start and once I stopped turing the key, it still tried starting up, making that grinding noise. The check oil level notification came across the dash as well. I'm a thousand miles shy of having to get another oil change, but my car also has a history of burning through quarts of oil between changes. I would usually check the oil level between fill ups and just add half a quart or so when need be. My question is what could possibly be wrong with it and not letting it fully turn over and start? Low oil level? High oil level? Some other problem?

Thanks!

The starter bendix is hanging up on the fly wheel. Your car is starting but the starter is hanging up.U will need to replace the starter before u destroy the fly wheel if u havent all ready. Clean the motor then u put engine dye in drive it 1000 miles find a shop with a black light and ck. For leaks.

Cadieman