CAR WONT START WITH FULLY CHARGED BATTERY

2004 Buick Ranier • 63,000 miles

Past couple months its been staling here and there. I would jump start it and it would be fine. Was hoping to get thru xmas then I wld fix it. Yesteday it wldnt take a jump. Would start up but then stall while cables were still attached, had it towed to friend/mechanic of mine and he replaced battery with a fully working one and it wont even start. Keys are stuck in the ignition. I had a automatic starter put in when I bought it few yrs ago and last couple months it wont start first try. Sometimes. Any thoughts?
Diana1976

They replaced the battery with a fully charged one and it wont start. Cant check the alternator if car wont start right?

Diana1976
They can be tested at an auto parts store- Explain this-car won't start

One more time -is it cranking over and will not start? Or just won't crank over at all/nothing when key at crannking position

If its cranking and wont start. Pour fuel in the intake. Does it start?If no check the coils and wires for spark. Ty for using 2carpos

Cadieman
It wont crank over at all.

Diana1976
**No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.

You need to read the voltage with a meter at the starter with the key in start position.

Cadieman
Thank you so much for trying to help me. I spoke with him this morning and asked him about what you suggested. I asked him to read the voltage w a meter at the starteer w the key in the start position he said he did and it has voltage there. I feel like hes tried everything at this point. Any thoughts on what else it cld be? What is the worse case scenario? Thanks again!

Diana1976
Try tapping the starter with a hammer. With the key in start poss. Does it start?Your getting start voltage their so the starter assy. Needs to be replaced. Ty for using 2carpros

Cadieman