MY CAR DIES AFTER COMING TO A COMPLETE STOP. BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR TESTED O.K. WHAT WOULD BE CAUSING THIS?

2003 Toyota Camry • 97,700 miles

My car died on me and was told I needed a new battery. After new battery installed, car wouldn't stay started unless I gave it gas. Car dies after coming to a complete stop, I throw it in park and restart it. What would be causing this?
Marysaynog

After replacing the battery, the memory is wiped out in the computer. It needs an idle re learn. I suggest a shop to do this for you as it may involve the use of a scan tool.

I didn't have this problem when I replaced the battery before.

Marysaynog
It has been consistently dying on me for a few days now.

Marysaynog
Ok, you did not give us that information.

Was the check engine light on? Could be a vacuum leak, mass air flow sensor, idle air control motor or the big hose from the air cleaner to the throttle body.

Check engine light was on for day or so-now it is off.

Marysaynog
You need a shop to look at the history codes for the system that has the issue. Take it to a shop for a real diag.

Thanks for your help! I was debating about doing that-have a shade tree mechanic telling me I need an electronic throttle box. Thanks again.

Marysaynog
Good luck