DOOR LOCKS ON DRIVE SIDE DO NOT ACUTUATE

2003 Toyota Camry

2003 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

Good morning,
The door locks on the driver side both doors do not lock or un lock from either the remote or the interior locking mechanism. I have checked the fuses and they are good. Do you have any suggestions? Also could I take this to an electrician to fix? Or to ring out the lines?
thanks for all of your help
Norton72

Hi Norton72,

Thank you for the donation.

Symptoms indicates the door lock motor ( actuator ) is malfunctioning and it could be the wirings or the motor itself.

Here are the test you can carry out.

POWER DOOR LOCK MOTOR
1.Remove door panel for access to door lock motor assembly. Disconnect 10-pin electrical harness connector from door lock assembly.

2.Using jumper wires, apply battery voltage and ground to specified terminals on door lock assembly and check that door lock motor moves door lock link to UNLOCK position. Reverse jumper wires so polarity is reversed and check that door lock motor moves door lock link to LOCK position. See Fig. 10 . Replace door lock assembly if operation is not as specified.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_DoorLock03CamryFig10_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_DoorLock03CamryFig10a_1.jpg

Are the two door locks in series or not? If they are in series can the cause be one of the two actuators?

Norton72
All door lock motors are in parallel so if any stops working, it would not affect others.

Hi,
I have the same problem with my 2003 camry, 4cyl. The driver's door locks & unlocks, but the remaining 3 only lock. They will NOT UNLOCK. I tested the 10 pin connection on the pass front door motor, as per your instructions, but mine didn't work the same way. (1 & 4) and (4 & 1) actuated the motor(lock/unlock). None of the others worked. I checked the wiring at the door jam but all looked good. Some other websites think it is in the computer or bdu or edu or whatever Also I've changed that passenger side lock/latch mechanism and that is not the problem as the one I took out worked the same way. Please help as I have had this problem for a number of years.

Daulua