FRAME DAMAGE REPAIR.

2003 Subaru WRX • 4WD Manual • 136,000 miles

There's a 2003 Subaru Impreza Salvage title for sale for $2,500. It was totaled in a rear end collision where it did damage to the left rear frame. The damage doesn't look bad but i was wondering usually is it expensive to get a frame straightened? Also Do you think it would be worth it to get the car and get the repairs done?

Heres a link to the car that was posted for sale.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2079911384.html
Rodney4hk

Frame damage is very serious and that is the reason that the car now carries a salvage title to start with. In many states you are not allowed to register a vehicle that has a salvage title and can use the vehicle for parts only.

Wrenchtech
Thanks I'll just get an older model car for now.

Rodney4hk
I went to check out a 2002 Subaru Impreza RS with 150,000mil. I noticed that the muffler had alot of black to it and it wasnt a desil. Also he had a little trouble with shifting in to first from second(it was stick) ~he side the cluch may need to be adjusted. They had the car at an auction place to sell it but the acution people messed it up, the rear wheels need to be alined and fixed, they hit a curbe and now the wheels have a slight tilt.~The people selling the car told me they would fix the car up a bit befor selling.

I just wanted to know if that sounds like too many problems for a first car? I would really like to have an impreza for a first car and finding them is so hard. What should I do? [Just give up and get any car, For get this car and keep searching, or Buy it as a project car and learn?]

Rodney4hk
Yes, way too many problems and not the right people to be dealing with. You need to stay away from this damaged, auction stuff. That is asking for trouble.

Wrenchtech