SATURN L300 ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Saturn L300 • 77,000 miles

My 2003 Saturn L300 has completely turned off when I have been at a complete stop. It takes me restarting my car to get it going again. It has happened three times. Today, it happened at a stop and it took at least 20 tries to start the engine before the car was able to turn back on. The check engine light also came on today after this occurrence.I took it into a service shop today with a saturn tech. It was $125 just to look at it. I have no idea what is wrong because it was just taken in today. The tech said it was a "electrical engine problem" and he would call me tomorrow about it as the shop was closing. Does this sound right?
Heartlandbeauty

The "check engine" light is an indicator for a system that monitors many electronic functions in the system, also called the "malfunction indicator lamp" (MIL). It can come on for any of hundreds of different causes from any of the systems that the computer monitors. Some are very important and can lead to further component or engine damage and some are emissions related not as serious but still a problem and need to be repaired.

Your first step is to have the computer scanned to retrieve the trouble codes that were set when the check engine light came on. Those codes will give you specific information about what the computer saw and will get you pointed in the right direction to find your problem

Wrenchtech
Just to add to this one let us know what code they find the exact code number. It sound's like you could have a bad crank shaft position sensor pretty common on that car.