WHERE WOULD I FIND THE CRANK SENCER LOCATION ON A

2003 Saturn L200 • 165,000 miles

Need to know location
Carraba

On the side of the block facing the radiator. So you have no spark?You can test it with a multimeter.

Yes I have spark but its not firing.

Carraba
If you have spark then your crank shaft sensor is good. What is your actual fuel pressure?

Its getting good fuel to the engine it just keeps whining put new starter on.

Carraba
What is fuel pressure reading?You should know that if you say the fuel is good. Also whats whining?Is it cranking over normal or faster then normal?

Don't know what the fuel pressure is I just know its getting fuel, its cranking but not starting

Carraba
You could have fuel but if you dont have enough fuel pressure it wont start and run. Is your security light on solid or flashing?Do you we have any trouble codes in the computer?

No it sounds like I have a bad starter but I replaced it, and it just does the same thing.I checked the fly wheel the timing chain they all look good.

Carraba
So the engine is cranking but it sounds like you have a bad starter.I can not hear see smell test etc anything on your car iam flying blind so to speak. Iam depending on you to help me help you fix your car. So details details details your car is cranking over normal speed?If so bad starter or not it should still start. So you removed the valve cover and looked at the chain and it didnt look loose?Doesnt mean it didnt jump time I have that happen more then once on those cars.

You started out asking about the crank shaft sensor and where it was then when I asked if you had spark you said you had spark. How do you have spark if the engine doesnt even crank over?Your looking for a answer and you started off by totally confusing me with your answers. So let me get this straight the starter spins but the engine doesnt?The new starter was tested before you left the store and the gear was going out etc when the starter was tested?ALso you had the battery tested and made sure the battery cables are clean and tight?