MY IS MISSING AND THE FAN COMES ON SOON WHEN I CRANK IT UP BUT IT IS NOT RUNNING HOT IT WONT GET UP AND GO. I CHANGED THE COIL PACK AND THE SPARKS PLUG PUT THATS NOT THE PROBLEM.

2003 Saturn L200 • 15,600 miles

My car takes it time up a hill my dad thinks it the catilac converter. The fan comes on soon when I crank it up and stays on I be smelling fumes comming from the car exhaust.
Keshiarogers

Sounds like a catalytic converter, to me, too. Disconnect it and take it for a test drive. Preferably install a test pipe where te converter should go to keep back pressure where it should be and sound levels down.

Rivermikerat
Just to add to this one you replaced the coil pack what about the ignition module?Also did you replace the spark plugs?Your best bet is to take it to a exhaust shop and have them do whats called a back pressure test. If its not the cat it could be that the timing chain jumped.I have seen a lot of them jump on those and if they jump enough it will cause a missfire and the cooling fan to stay on while it runs. Let me know what you find I have also replaced a ton of cats on those cars also. Does the ever not shift to the next gear up untill you ket off the gas a little?If so its most likely a plugged cat.

Yes it don't shift gears until I get off the gas. I had got stuck in the mudd the day before my care started to act up. U don't think that could have caused it?

Keshiarogers
I dont think the mud did it but if it wont shift till you let off the gas the first thing I would do is take it to a exhaust shop and have them do a back pressure test. Let me know what you find.