SATURN ION BLOWER MOTOR PROBLEM

2003 Saturn Ion

Trouble starting, mostly in cold weather. Have replaced engine coolant sensor. Seemed to get worse, not better.
Mlhoar

Now it cranks everytime I try to start it, but won't turn over.

Mlhoar
Is a security light on solid or flashing when it doesn't start?

Neither. It won't code, even before I changed the sensor.

Mlhoar
Please more details does the scan tool talk to the car power up off the car?Also I would check the fuel pressure and see if its bleeding down.

Reset the comp by unhooking the battery for a bit. Then it started with no problems for about a day & 1/2. Once today it gave me trouble. Turn the key & it got power, but no crank & no turnover. Waited 10-15 min & tried again. Started right up. Kept staring every other time today no problem. Did have a service engine soon the one time it gave me trouble. When the code computer is plugged in it comes up no code avail & fuel pump seems to be working fine. No issues when actually running, just when starting intermittenly. Sometimes turns over & dies immediately, others a click, others nothing(still has power to everything). Always diff & random response.

Mlhoar
When it doesn't start is the security light on solid or flashing?

Solid. Bout a new key cuz mine was worn. Has started every time since my last post. Don't know if it's fixed now or not, but it has moved on to my blower motor working at random.

Mlhoar
If the security light comes on solid when it doesn't start then a new key wont fix that. Its most likely a bad ignition switch if you have the bcm scanned for codes and you have a code B2960 and or B3033 then you have a bad ignition switch. Do you have a multi meter to do some testing when the blower is inop?

No. The only time I hook up a comp is at advance auto. Will it get worse if I just wait til it gives me shit again or should I replace the blower motor? Winter's here, can't afford to deal with it just crappin out. Can I get a code when blower is inop without a light or anything?

Mlhoar
I was talking about the ignition switch for the no start and those codes also for the no. Start not for the blower motor being inop. Also the diyer scan tools like the auto parts stores has cant read codes in the bcm only the engine and transmission codes.