PONTIAC GRAND AM HEATER PROBLEM

2003 Pontiac Grand Am • 150,000 miles

My pontiac grand am 2003 heater does not work properly, some day I have full heat, the next I have half heat and another day no heat. Please help me
Bellamaria9806

What is your normal engine operating temp in degrees F? Does the engine reach normal temp? Are the heater hoses hot when problem occurs? Another possibility might be the temp door, under the dash. You would need to visibly/physically check door when problem is ongoing.

My temperature is 194 F most of the time, it reach 215 F sometimes but it rare. The heat continue to be alternative whatever the temps of my engine. I try to change the heater mode setting and the heat level setting too but nothing work. I have not checked the heater hoses, I just dont know where beginning to check

Bellamaria9806
That operating temp is too low. Do you live in an extremely cold area? Your low speed cooling fan won't even turn on till about 223 degrees. Maybe an issue with thermostat stuck open?

I'm living in Quebec, in Canada, its extremly cold in the winter, I will check the thermostat position and the heater hoses and if dont have positive results, I will tell you, thank you very much

Bellamaria9806
No problem.