TRANSMISSION SPEED SENSOR

2003 Oldsmobile Alero • 75,000 miles

I have a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero 3.4 and it needs a new transmission input speed sensor and I know what the part looks like in the box. Now the problem I have is I have looked all over the top, bottom, front, back and both ends of the transmission and I cant seem to find it I was told it is along the bell housing adjacent to the torque converter but they weren't real clear on where to look. Thanks for any help
Spector37

It is on the transaxle near the valve body. See attached picture and let me know if it helps.

That helps if I am reading it right its above the left side axle right. Now is it possible to replace it without taking out the transmission?

Spector37
That is correct. I hope it takes care of your problem. Let us know.

I appreciate all the help so far but I looked today and went by the diagram you sent and I looked and I cant find anything above the axle the only wires I see hooked to anything are on the top where the shiftier link is I don't know if this will help or not but the Vin#is 1G3NL52E43C290684 there is a picture of the wires and all I was talking about

Spector37
The only schematic I have shows something different.

Thanks for the help the reason I cant find it is because it is on the inside of transmission case

Spector37
That would make things a little more difficult.

Yes it does I can fix just about anything else but I dont know the first thing about a transmission

Spector37
I feel they do this so it requires a dealer to repair.