NISSAN MICRA CLUTCH PROBLEM

2003 Nissan Micra • 45,000 miles

Hi there I have had to spend alot of money on my mirca this year, new clutch ( gears seem stiff to change), rediculasly exspensive spark plugs, brake disc's and pads.I have also had it serviced this year. I noticed today my car has started to over rev when plulling away. Any ideas?
Gem07

What do you mean by over rev? If I understand it correctly, the clutch is slipping. Is the clutch free play adjusted rrectly?

Just for the record please excuse my lack of understanding on cars and what you mean by clutch free play : /, I will try my best to explain, please be understanding : ). The clutch has got a lil loose since having it done, 3 months ago, the the kneedle that counts the revs shoots up then down and enging revs a lil when changing gear, more than usual. The car does'nt drive as smooth as it used to put it that way. What do u mean by the clutch is slipping and wat damage is it going to do to my already battered purse lol!

Gem07
A new clutch would always make the clutch lighter when ddepressing. If clutch is cable driven, ensure it is adjusted correctly in order that the clutch pedal need not be released very high before the gears enagages.

The symptom indicates the clutch is slipping and it could be due to driving fault, quality of parts used, improper clutch adjustment or the flywheel is worn.

Send it back to the guy who did the clutch replacement and get their opinion.

Oh ok, thank you sooo much for being patient and for your advice. : )

Gem07
You're welcome.