NEED HELP IDENTIFYING PART TO REPLACE (TIE RODS, ARMS, STRUTS?)

2003 Nissan Altima • 75,000 miles

I drive an 2003 3.5L V6 Altima Sedan SE. My steering is very loose. When I hit a bump its felt through the wheel and the cabin, and it makes a loud bang. I briefly lose control of the steering wheel and the car as well. Another symptom, if I kick the tire, the steering wheel moves. Please help me identify the part(s) that need replacing!
Andrewkalish1

We can't do it from here. You need a visual inspection and test to confirm what requires replacement.

Sorry, can't do that over a computer but it's good you noticed the problem before something breaks and sends you into a tree or oncoming truck! Have the steering and suspension systems inspected at a tire and alignment shop. Some offer free inspections and if they aren't real busy they might allow you under the car where they can show you how they inspect the parts and determine if they're okay. It would take entire pages of typing to explain how to check each part. It's way more involved than a simple visual inspection. I'd be happy to explain the procedures if you suspect one or two specific parts, but you'll need a helper, jack stands, and a pry bar.