MY ES HAS TWO SPARK PLUG WIRES AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE TWO INGNITION COILS. WHEN I GIVE IT A TUNE UP. DO I NEED TO ALSO CHANGE OUT THE IGNITION COILS?

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer • 100,000 miles

Tune up for my lancer. It has two spark plug wires and what appears to be two ingnition coils.
Lividmike

Your Lancer should have 4 spark plug wires. It's a 4 cylinder.
Also, it seems that a large portion of your question was cut off.

Rivermikerat
The lancer is a four cylinder this I know. But when you look under the hood there is actually only two sparke plug wires. The other two spark plug boots are coming from ignition coil boxes of some sort, no wires. Also when you buy spark plug wires for a 2003 mitsubishi lancer you only get two of them cause that is all they have. Maybe they are not ignition coil boxes, but they are not wires. I just need to know if I should also change these out as well.

Lividmike
It appears you have a dual coil on plug/coil pack system. The only reason you should replace either of these is that they have failed.

Your tune-up should consists of an air filter, a fuel filter, and plugs. And to clean the MAF/MAP and possibly the IAC.

Rivermikerat