MG ZR ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 MG ZR • 93,000 miles

Hi I have had my mg's head gasket skimmed and replaced recently by a proper mechanic/garage her took it for a test run and he said it was cutting out on him, so I said ok what is the problem he then got a electrical engineer to look at it and diagnose the problem which he said it is the lambda sensor, injectors and inlet-manifold need replacing. This is where I am now feeling im be taken for a ride as I always thought the inlet manifold wasnt electrical only the injectors where is this true? As I have already paied enough and now I am getting very anoyied as he has had my car for just under a month now please help?
Dancar

Did you have this issue prior to the repair?

It did have a very high idle?

Dancar
Ok, that could have been a vacuum leak. If you dont believe them, get a second opinion to make you feel better

Ok thank-you ill see if I can get a second opinion I can understand the lambda sensor failing but the inletmaifold ummm unsure about that casing the engine to cut out?

Dancar
I agree, may just be a case of not enough info being passed on, the manifold may be cracked ask the mechanic for more info first.

Mhpautos