DOES REPLACING PCV HOSE CORRECT PROBLEM

2003 Mercury Sable • 2,000,000 miles

The check engine light came on then it started shaking and cutting off at stops. Finaly it would not budge when gas was mashed. It always cranked backup and still does. I notice that the hose was hissinv when I crunk it. The hose is dry rotted and has a hole. Will replacing it correct the problem and get my car moving again?

I doubt that this will be the sole cause of your problem, but it should be replaced and then further investigations can find the problem, this hose will affect engine performance so replace and get a scan done for any unresolved fault codes, start here.

Mhpautos
If you still haven't resolved this issue, do replace all 6 of your spark plug wires. I was having the same issue on a 98 DOHC Sable, and replacing the wires stopped an issue similar, where stopping at the toll gate caused the car to die, then restart pretty easily.

Bravestar1