ISUZU AXIOM ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Isuzu Axiom • 123,500 miles

I have an 2003 Izusu Axiom XS. Not sure if it's maybe an eletrical or computer problem. After driving the car for maybe 10 miles or so. The ABS, Brake, Battery indicator lights will start flickering. If i'm driving the RPM's will begin to rise. When I come to a complete stop the lights will go away. Once I begin to try to go the RPM's will rise but the car wlll barely move and the lights will start flickering again. If you manually shift it the car will move just fine. If you turn the car off for a minute then turn it back on it will drive fine again. It didnt do it for the past few days at all and then this morning has started doing it again but the check engine light is along with the other indicators. My head lights and dash lights are also dimmnig out and become brighter while this is happening. Also when I tried to restart my car it continued to do it when it came back on unlike a few days ago. Help!
Aliciagargano

The lights dimming, abs are a result of alternator failure. Once that is repaired, that issue should be gone. Have the codes pulled for the check engine light before they replace the alternator so we can narrow down the transmission issue.

Dont know if this matter but the transmisson was re-built about 2 years ago

Aliciagargano
No, it still has an issue. Get the codes for us to further help you

Well when I tried to leave work yest to get the codes check the car wouldn't start. We looked under the hood my entire Main engine wiring harness is fried to a crisp. Not sure what to do now. Can find anyone that even sells the wiring harness. Not sure what made it short out like that. One of the last times I had my oil changed they forgot to replace my oil cap. Next thing I know oil is everywhere. Don't know if maybe the oil seep'd in somehow.

Aliciagargano