CAN YOU HELP ME WITH A TROUBLE CODE

2003 GMC Envoy • 125,000 miles

The clutch fan would engage and my engine would roar. I took the car to my mechanic and he said it was code P1480 so we replaced the sensor necessary. It has been less than a year and it is happening again. Someone told me the sensor had to be programmed to my vehicle. I went to the dealer and was told by the parts department that was not true but a mechanic there told me it is true, they call it flashing. The service writer said I should just bring it in and replace the clutch fan (to the tune of $1200.00)of course. My mechanic says he has never heard of flashing. Can you shed some light please?
Fought

Can't seem to find a p1480 code. Flashing is when you need to update a computer, usually at a dealer and they put someomre data into it to correct problems like yours. Are oyou oging to beleive a guy behind a parts counter who just sells parts or the guy that actually fixes the vehicles

Oki found it its' a code p1481 and it may need to be flashed. But check for chafing on wire harness as tehre is a tsb on this -picture included.