WHEEL SEIZED UP

2003 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 88,000 miles

I put my boat into the lake parked the truck and trailer, next day truck would not move, drivers side wheel was stuck, I was able to back up, just not forward, After several attempts it moved, but now seems to be a drag on that wheel, any ideas.
Heavyoilguy

Jack it up and adjust the rear brakes. Rust can get on the drums if they sit but not overnight.

Cadieman
Was this salt water you had it in?
Do you normally use the parking brake?

Wrenchtech
Fresh water and the e brake is not used normally but I think I may have used it, when truck and trailer were sitting overnight before I launched the boat

Heavyoilguy
Youll need to check the adjustment. Its possable a piece of brake hardware part is broken then you will need to remove the drums and inspect everything.

Cadieman
I realize that you arte certainly not going to be able to get the drums off until you get the brakes to release. I think you have a parking brake cable stuck. Release the brake and see if the cable is retracting on both sides. You may be able to twist the cable around or tap on it to get it to release and then don't use it again until you can replace the cable.

Wrenchtech