HELLO, I HAVE A F150 4X4 AND I HAVE A SOUND COMING FROM UNDERNEATH MY TRUCK. IT KINDA SOUNDS LIKE A WHOMPING,RUMBLING OR THUMPING OR ROARING SOUND(ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE IT). IT QUITS WHEN I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP BUT WHEN I GET UP TO

2003 Ford F-150 • 73,500 miles

Hello, I have a 2003 ford f150 4x4 and I have a sound coming from underneath my truck. It kinda sounds like a whomping, rumbling or thumping or roaring sound(only way I know how to describe it). It quits when I come to a complete stop but when I get up to about 10-15 mph it starts-whomp-whomp-whomp. It not a constant sound sounds like its gets louder every few whomps. Do you have any ideas. Thanks
Johnrogers

Check u joints, check wheel bearings.

I had a metal ring that encircled the drive shaft underneath I think its supposed to serve as a weight but it cam lose on mine and gave some inconsistant thumping sounds and a variable vibration while driving

Josh.tanner
NEIGHBORS'S CAT TAKE MISSING?

GOTTA GET UNDER THERE AND DO SOME HANDS ON