F150 TICKING NOISE

2003 Ford F-150

Noises problem
2003 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

I have noticed for the last two days when the truck is driven forward under 10 miles per hour, it makes a ticking noise under the undercarriage around the area of the transmission. The faster in speed I go, the quicker the ticking noise gets. The ticking noise does not get any lauder, just faster. However, after the speed exceeds 10 miles per hour, the ticking noise goes away. I recently came back from a trip where I towed my 23 foot toy hauler.
Bperez

There are a few things it could be. First-- does it make the ticking noise when not moving? If not, then it probably is your universal joints on your drive shaft. It also could be a problem with the brake pads. If it makes the noise without moving then it may be low transmission fluid or dirty tranny fluid. This will cause a ticking in the torque converter or the transmission itself.

Pear69