COOLANT TANK LEAK

2003 Chrysler Town and Country • 97,000 miles

This may be a dumb question but I am an amateur when it comes to fixing cars. When the antifreeze gets near the top of the coolant tank, it leaks out. I suspect this is causing it to leak while driving, which as a result, is causing the engine to overheat every few weeks. What can I do?
Djre49

Is the engine overheating?If it isnt then you probably just have a bad coolant cap.

Yes it was. I just took another look at it and saw that coming out of the top of the coolant tank is what seems like an overflow tube that doesn't go to anything, just leaks out. Is it supposed to go to something?

Djre49
Thats just a over flow tube that leaks if its overheating bad cap etc. So it was overheating when this happened?If so were the cooling fans on also?

It was overheating. I'm not sure about the cooling fans. I'm going to bring it into my mechanic tomorrow and see what he thinks. Thanks for the help.

Djre49
Your welcome keep me posted.