EVAP SYSTEM

2003 Chrysler Sebring • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 90,000 miles

I'm trying to replace the evap purge solenoid on my chrysler sebring lxi 3.0 v6, I think I have located it just before the gas tank but it doesn't resemble the part I bought at NAPA and the haynes manual is no help.
Rob Fargo

Its in the engine compartment I posted a diagram of where it is its D in the diagram. Sounds like you found the evap vent valve.

Where did you get the picture? Thats what I thought it was originally, but even the dealership told me I was wrong, how do you get that out. Just pops out? Don't wanna break anything.

Rob Fargo
I got the picture from alldata its a subscription online repair manual we use on here to answer questions. So did you find it on your car?Does the part you have look like the picture I posted?It doesn't give details about how to change it on what I have. There usually bolted in place. Some have a retaining tab that you move aside and slide it out of place.

On my car the part yer talking about is just "in the block" I guess would be the best way to describe it, the part I got looks like its for an earlier model sedan or for a 2.7. The haynes manual says that on 2001 and newer coupes I have to drop the gas tank.

Rob Fargo
The code it puts out is for a evap purge and intake fault.

Rob Fargo
What is the exact code number you have?

I will check it out in the morning a little further but I do believe that what your telling me I need to replace is a dealer only item and maybe thats why I got what I got from napa maybe thats all they could find to fit the description of the problem.

Rob Fargo
Give me the exact code number you have and I will help you out the best I can.

Will do, i'll get it hooked up tomorrow

Rob Fargo
Alright keep me posted.