CAM SENSOR

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 17,800 miles

I have replaced the cam sensor and my car is still doing the jerking at 2500 RPM. I have replace the timing belt water pump. A new head gasket and still have the problem. I got the sensor from Autozone at first, now I have purchased one from the dealer and still not working. All the wires are in ok. I dont know what to do at this point
Kariasmith22

The mile are actually 178,000

Kariasmith22
What trouble codes are you getting?

P0340. My mechanic is so confused at this point. I took it to Chrysler they said it was out of time, so I repaired that first and put a new sensor on. Still same problem. Then is would crank so we found out the heads had to be replaced. '

Kariasmith22
Here some tips I got for the problem. Check the wires shown in pictures for damage and breaks before you go on.

A broken wire would casue the code.

Where do I find the pictures of the wire that I need to have checked? The dealership said the wires were fine that's why they said it had to be the timing. But clearly it is not.

Kariasmith22
The camsensor consists of 3 wires. You need to test them for continuity between the sensor and PCM.

Black/Light Blue is the sensor ground which is linked to a few other sensors. Unplug Cam sensor and test for continuity to terminal # 22 of C2 connector at PCM.

Orange is 5 V supply, ensure voltage is present when ignition is turned on. If none, check wire for continuity to terminal # 29 of C2 connector at PCM.

Tan/Yellow is the CMP signal. Test for continuity to termianl # 34 of C2 connector ofPCM.