CHEVROLET TAHOE JACK PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe • 165,000 miles

Hi I have a 03 Tahoe lt 5.3flex fuel about four days ago a'll the sudden it started spuddering and cutting out to the point I had no acceleration like it was starving for fuel so I read that this happen to someone else in a Gm forum and the service tech said to try replacing the fuel filter so I did it that day and had absolutely no issues until tonight when my 3 year old were on the way back from monster jam it did the exact same thing again so I made it to a parking lot turned off the ignition and let it sit for about three minute then I crunk it up and drove home what could be causing this issue I've thought I it was the fuel pump first but after I replaced the fuel filter it did great. The only thing I've done different today is unhook the battery because I put a k& n filter In a week and a half ago I read on the box your suppose to reset the vehicle after installing it. But keep I'm mind I had this problem prior to unhooking the battery so I'm sure that's not the what's causing the issue. Also I read that the crank position sensor could cause similar outside in this truck what's your thoughts? Thanks

I'M ABOUT TO CHANGE MY SIS/ BRO-N-LAWS FUEL PUMP AFTER CHURCH IN THE MORNING (TODAY)

SAME EXACT RIG AS YOURS!............SAME SYMPTOMS......EXACTLY

270,000 OR SO MILES---SAME ORIGINAL PUMP

I'M A JEEP CJ KINDA GUY (CARBURETATED) , I DIY EVERYTHING, I'VE REBUILT AND REPAIRED MANY JEEP CJs, AND HAVE KEPT UP MY FAMILIES VEHICLES FOREVER................RECKON THAT'S WHY THEY CALLED ME!.......AGAIN!

SO I ASKED 4 DIFFERENT SHOPS, WHAT THE DEAL WAS WITH THE TAHOE (I WORK FOR AN AUTO PARTS STORE, PART TIME, AND DELIVER A LOT)......AND FOR ANY TIPS

ALL FOUR SHOPS TELL ME IT'S THE SYMPTOMS OF A FUEL PUMP GOING OUT, AND THEY WILL START RIGHT BACK UP/ SIT A FEW AND THEY WILL START BACK UP..................WILL GO OUT FOREVER, WHEN YOU ARE THE BAGGAGE TERMINAL AT THE ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT....CHRISTMAS EVE! (OR UNDER SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES)

SOUNDS PRETTY SIMPLE---ACCORDING TO 4 DIFFERENT SHOPS

SO WITH THIS INFO---IT'S GONNA BE CHANGE THE PUMP TIME !!!!

WE RESEARCHED THE PUMPS PRICE, FOUND THEM TO BE $250 ON UP, AT DIFFERENT AUTO STORES......WITH A ONE YEAR WARRANTY

USING PROMO CODE "A124" FOR $40 OFF BUYING IT ONLINE, THEN PICKING IT UP AT THE STORE........OR USING MY EMPLOYEE 20% DISCOUNT WAS OUR BEST OPTIONS

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_fuel-pump-module-assembly-airtex_15770129-p?navigationPath=L1*14932%7CL2*14986%7CL3*15378

THEN I FOUND THIS ! ! ! !

I FOUND IT ON EBAY FOR $65 OR $67.........WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-HERKO-FUEL-PUMP-MODULE-E3559M-FOR-CHEVY-GMC-/160487242701?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255dc8fbcd&vxp=mtr

HERE'S THE LIST----THEY ORDERED ONE OF THESE 2 WEEKS AGO.......I'LL SEE IT IN 7 OR SO HOURS

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=E3559M&_sacat=0&_from=R40

WE SORTA FIGURED YOU CAN GET 3 OF THESE, FOR THE PRICE OF ONE OF THOSE..............AND MY SISTER IS HAPPY, HER BROTHER WORKS FOR FREE............HOW CAN SHE GO WRONG NOW OR LATER???

SO---I TAKE PICS OF NEARLY EVERY KINDA CAR REPAIR I DO (IF I REMEMBER), JUST SO I CAN POST 'EM HERE ON 2CARPROS TO HELP OTHERS

THE JEEP STUFF IS WHAT I ENJOY DOING THE MOST........BUT IF I HAVE TO.....I HAVE TO!

ANY INPUT???

MY 2ND LINK DID NOT WORK

INSTALL "E3559M" INTO EBAY'S SEARCH BOX---IT WILL PULL UP ALL OF THEM

WE TOOK OUR TIME

CHOCKED THE FRONT WHEELS, PUT THE REAR AXLE ON MY LARGER JACK STANDS, AND REMOVED THE RIGHT REAR WHEEL

DROPPED THE TANK---LEFT THE FRONT OF THE TANK SORTA PIVOTING ON A CROSS MEMBER

WE DROPPED THE REAR ALMOST TO THE GROUND (SAT IT ON A BRICK, ANY LOWER GAS WOULDA SPILLED OUT---IT WAS STILL 1/3 FULL OF GAS)

MINIMAL TOOLS WERE USED!

*****FLOOR JACK

*****2 JACK STANDS

*****15MM SOCKET, LONG EXTENSION, 3/8 DRIVE RATCHET----TO REMOVE 2 TANK STRAPS

*****8MM NUT DRIVER---TO REMOVE 2 HOSE CLAMPS/ FILL HOSE AND VENT HOSE

*****MIRROR (TO SEE THE "UNKNOWN"--AS WE SLOWLY EASED IT DOWN)

*****FLASHLIGHT

*****BLUNT ROD AND BALL PEEN HAMMER--TO REMOVE THE HOLD-DOWN RING FOR THE PUMP

*****SMALL SCREWDRIVER TO CLEAN AROUND THE HOLE

WE REPLACED THE FUEL VAPOR PRESSURE SENSOR WHILE WE WERE AT IT ($40)

TOOK ABOUT 3-1/2 HOURS, THAT INCLUDED GOING TO THE PARTS HOUSE FOR THE VAPOR SENSOR. AND SEVERAL MT. DEW BREAKS. AND SOME JAW JACKIN'!

SO FAR--SO GOOD!

IT'LL MAKE A 160 MILE TRIP TOMORROW----THAT WILL BE THE REAL TEST!

1) BRO-N-LAW
2) JACK STANDS --RR WHEEL OFF
3) REMOVE FILLER HOSE AND VENT LINE
4) UNBOLT 2 STRAPS
5) EXPLAINED
6) EXPLAINED

7) WE DROPPED THE TANK A FEW MORE INCHES AND RESTED THE TAIL END ON A BRICK. ANY LOWER AND THE GAS WOULD COME OUT--IT WAS ABOUT 1/3 FULL
8) THIS IS WHAT THE TOP LOOKS LIKE
9) EXPLANATIONS
10) 2 HOSES OFF---WIRES DISCONNECTED---FUEL IN LINES NOW ON THE TANK
11) VAPOR PRESSURE SENSOR---DID NOT COME W/ PUMP---$32---DECIDED TO REPLACE IT WHILE TANK WAS DOWN
12) REMOVING LOOSE RING FROM OLD PUMP

13) SNAPPING FLOAT ARM INTO NEW PUMP (IT WAS NOT INSTALLED FOR SHIPPING)
14) A LOT OF DIRT---WE STUCK A TAPERED DRINKING CUP IN THE HOLE TO KEEP DIRT OUT OF THE TANK WHILE WE CLEANED AROUND IT
15) NEW PUMP WITH NEW VAPOR PRESSURE SENSOR---READY TO GO IN
16) INDEX --READ!
17) GENTLY INSTALLING THE NEW PUMP---CAREFUL W/ THE FLOAT ARM AND FILTER SOCK---ALIGN IN THE "TAB SLOT" ----PUSH DOWN HARD AND START THE RING CW UNDER "FINGERS"THIS IS THE HARDEST PART, ROOM IS LIMITED FOR BOTH ARMS
18) LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF PUMP IS A "TOOL" I MADE OUT OF A PIECE OF 1/4 INCH STEEL ROD---I GROUND A NOTCH ON THE END SO IT WOULD NOT "DIG IN" WHEN I STUCK IT IN THE RING'S SLOT TO TAP IT A LITTLE MORE INTO PLACE (CLOCKWISE) W/ A BALL PEEN HAMMER ----I BENT THE ROD IN 2 PLACES SO I COULD GET BY THE CONTOUR OF THE TANK

THAT'S IT!

CONNECT THE 2 WIRE CONNECTORS---CONNECT THE FUEL LINES BACK ON----STRAP THE TANK BACK UP--INSTALL THE FILL/ VENT HOSES----PUT THE WHEEL BACK ON

THIS COULDA WENT FASTER HAD I NOT DONE THE PHOTO SHOOTI KEPT SNAPPIN' SHOTS AND KEPT TELLIN' MY BRO-N-LAW TO "WORK IT"!

I TOOK MANY MORE PICS THAN I POSTED---I HOPE I GOT 'EM ALL IN ORDER, AND DID NOT LEAVE NOTHING IMPORTANT OUT

THIS SHOULDA BEEN PIC #5