WHY WOULD MY 03 JUST SHUT DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF DRIVING IT

2003 Chevrolet Malibu • 153,000 miles

I just recently changed my spark plugs, fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator. I really need to figure out what is wrong with it
Jcook89

Does it restart when this happens or do you have to wait?

If you have to wait

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing