HAVE CHEVY , MAKING NOISE WHEN BLOWER FAN IS ON

2003 Chevrolet Malibu • 84,000 miles

Wife said the A/C wasn't cold, so I charged it. Three days later she said it was making a wierd noise. I heard the noise, so I took out blower. There was some debris and something I couldn't identify. Anyway, had blower running while out, A/C was on, no noise. Put it all back together, took for a drive, all seemed fine. Next day wife says the noise is back no air from vents. It looks like the belt needs replacing, could it be the tensioner making noise or just or the blower is going bad? Will take blower out again, probably didn't get the tube on correctly
N8man73

What does the unidentified item look like? If it is plastic, it may be a door has dropped from the HVAC case. This would explain the vent issue. Please provide a little more info, and I'll be glad to help. Doc

DocDTC
It was white about the size of a fingernail and had a hook thing on it. Removed, reinstalled, seemed ok, fan making noise when turned on, recirc was on too, A/C was not on, was informed very little air from vent.

N8man73
I will locate and send you an illustration of the HVAC controls and we will figure out where it lived - and a solution. Doc

DocDTC
I narrowed it down to the compressor, think the clutch is shot, sprayed it with teflon lube, it started working, for how long I don't know

N8man73