COULD THE RECENT TRANSMISSION FLUSH LEAD TO OUR CAR STALLING IN TRAFFIC?

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier • 82,000 miles

Greetings. Our car was driven in stop-and-go traffic without incident today for roughly forty minutes, then it was in the garage with the engine shut off for a half hour, then it was driven roughly a mile in stop and go traffic when it stalled completely and now will not start (it won't turn over completely). The man who towed the car home mentioned the assumption that the problem is the ignition—within the last two weeks we had the transmission fluid flushed and replaced, and we read that a flush can reveal transmission problems that were not noticed before.

We called the dealership to make an appointment and the first thing the service associate said is we would be looking at a minimum of $125 for diagnostics, and we don't know whether or not the best thing to do is just drop off the car and see what they tell us.

Thanks for reviewing this!
Vincia1

Yes a transmission flush can clog the pressure control solenoid etc. Also move debris from on place to another causing other issues.I dont belive in transmission flushes. So you want to know if you should drop the car off at the dealer?My question is were you thinking about trying to figure this issue out yourself.I dont see how a transmission flush can cause the symptoms you have though.