DOOR LOCKS- CHEVY

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 80,000 miles

My door lock on my 2003 Chevy Avalanche was punched in several months ago by a would-be break-in. The lock acutally fell into the door panel leaving just the hole below the door handle on the passenger side. The driver side lock was also damaged. Not punched in, but was loose when I used the key.

I went to the dealer and they said they had to replace the entire door handle assembly for $600. Parts are on back order.

$600 for resetting the locks on my doors! Sounds a bit excessive.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lepoppet

If you are handy then see if you can ound out the area where the door lock sits, be careful and try not to damage paint. then if your lock is still ok, get a new spring clip that holds it inplaceand reinsal it. You can get teh clips at dealers or auto parts stores. Make sure your lock stillworks before installing it though. and if you wan the lock go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and go tocatalog,give the info and see what they get for a lock there.