WON'T CRANK, BUT I HAVE POWER

2003 Cadillac CTS • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 189,000 miles

I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS, The car was running with no issues, the engine light was on but when I had it checked I was told it was the thermostat and I should not worry about it unless the car starts running hot. The thermostat was replaced less then 6 months ago.

When I went to start the car this morning, All the power came on radio head lights etc etc, but the engine will not crank. I purchased a new battery and no change.

I had the oil changed less then 60 days ago from sears. The car has always ran synthetic oil.

So when I turn the key, the start-up procedures occur there is no error lights that stay on, the car receives power from the battery, but when I crank it all the way it is silent.

Any Suggestions.
Gburton76

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, park and neutral switch, and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.

My car does the same thing and much more my guess it tell everyoone you know never buy a 03 cadillac cts or if u have ove sell it

Sabrina12