ANTIFTEEZE LEAKING OUT OF HOLE ON SIDE OF ENGINE BLOCK

2003 Buick Lesabre • 186,900 miles

Car was smoking under hood of car. When cooled, opened radiator cap, start car, then poured mix of antifreeze & water and seen it gushing out a hole on side the left side of the engine block

Lasabre

I can't really tell where it is leaking from. Can you describe the area better where it is leaking?
Some of the most likely places that leaks happen on these engines are the water pump and the intake manifold gaskets.

Promechanic
The hole is to the right of the hole pictured and under the compartments kind of hard to get to. Like an elbow would fit both holes. Hope that helps

Lasabre
I think it is probably an intake manifold gasket leak, but it's really hard to tell from the pic and description. Any good repair shop can do a pressure test to pinpoint the leak.

Promechanic
Thanks for your help. I got repaired today, they replaced the elbow tube- thermostat by-pass pipe. You're awesome

Lasabre
Glad to see that you got it fixed.

Promechanic
I happen to have that same leak. How much does it run 2get fixed

Derrickhawkins