WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOUR CAR TURNS OFF WHILE YOUR DRIVING AND THEN RESTARTS ITSELF?

2002 Volkswagen Jetta • 56,000 miles

While I was driving my car turned off and turned back on without me doing anything. Everything turned off including the lights, radio, and engine. My car has done this twice. The first time I was going about 20 miles an hour and the second time I was going 85. My foot was on the gas both times. My generator light is on and my car starts with no problems. What is wrong with my car?
Hurricanep06

It starts by itself? You said that and then said it starts with no trouble. Let me know for sure. If you have to restart it, start by checking for loose battery connections and the main ground to the engine block.

While I am driving it restarts by itself. If I turn off the engine by pulling out the key, I have no trouble starting the car back up.

Hurricanep06
If it is stalling while driving, check fuel pump pressure to see if it within spec. It may have a weak pump.

I found out what was wrong with my car. My alternator failed. Thank you for your help.

Hurricanep06