WHAT WOULD CAUSE MY TO MISFIRE ONLY IN SITUATION BELOW?

2002 Saturn SL2 • 115,000 miles

My saturn 2002 sl2, started to misfire a few days ago while driving after I was in park with car running for several mins. I would give it gas and it would barely move. It did this for a few days and ran the p0300 code and the cam sensor code. I changed plugs and wires, and it ran fine until today, I was stopped at train and the engine wasnt over heating (per my gages), heat was off but it started to blow hot hot hot air down by my feet. It stopped and I continued on. After work I was stopped in a drive through and car gage did advise I was started to overheat. I turned heat on and it cooled down. I continued on way and felt that hot hot hot air on my feet again. Very hot. Car then dropped to five miles per hour while it was floored. I got in driveway, and it was shaking bad like something under car was gnna xplode. I shut it off. Went out an hour later and its running fine again.?
Autumn2

You might want to have it tested for a restricted catalytic converter.

Wrenchtech
Thank you. Thats what I kept seeing online as well, I was hoping for something that did not require me taking her in to shop. : ) I appreciate your advice, I will have it looked at.

Autumn2
Just to add to this one I agree you should take it to a exhaust shop to test for excessive back pressure.I would also see if the radiator cooling fan was running when it was running so hot. Those cars are well know for bad coolant temp sensors and they leak coolant into the coolant temp sensor connectors corroding the connectors terminals.