CONVERTIBLE WIRE CAME OFF NEED TO KNOW WHERE IT GOES

2002 Renault Megane • 130,000 miles

Hi - a wire came off in the hood compartment on my 2002 Renault Clio 1.6 16v Privelege and I have no idea where it goes - anyone have any idea where it goes? It looks like a pressure switch of some sort which probably registers when the cover closes. Thanks in advance! Picture attached

Bogratt

Is it a microswitch? Looks like it. Is there any malfunction with top?

Fixitmr
Is it like on 1 side and there may be identical unit on other side?

Fixitmr
Hi - yes it is a micro switch and is only on 1 side. Therr is no wire like that on other side of car. The roof does not work anymore

Bogratt
Any luck with this?

Bogratt
Not so far. Was the top working ok before? Have you tried closing switch and operating top?

Fixitmr
Yes it still does not work but that may be unrelated a it was broken before this wire came off. I was trying to reset the roof when I noticed the wire had been bumped off. All I need to know if where the wire goes - where it is meant to be attached to

Bogratt
You may have to find another similar vehicle to compare.

Fixitmr
And actually that wire looks long enough to reach up into roof assembly?

Fixitmr
I do not think it goes onto the roof assembly - it must be connected close to back near where the metal cover closes. It definately runs back towards the back of car

Bogratt
Is this in the front engine compartment area, or the rear, trunk/boot area where this wire and switch were found? That switch is a limit switch, a type of switch used to shut off power to a motor when a moving unit has reached a specific point, such as a sliding seat belt or a convertible top.

Rivermikerat
Page 1 of 2