CAR WON'T START, BUT CRANKS...

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix • 150,000 miles

My car ran perfect. Til one day I was driving on the freeway and my car started sputtering like it was running out of gas. Stopped at firestone to a mechanic who usually helps me out, and he told me it was the 02 sensor. Not having the cash to pay him to replace them he reset the computer error and I drove home. When I got home we got the parts and my neighbors helped replace them. After they got replaced we could not get the car to start. It sat for days when I was troubleshooting on google I found it could be the ignition fuse? So I got in the fuse box, switched a few red 10's around and it started! Took it out on a drive, ran perfect! Brought it home, went to leave an hour later and it won't start again. I really feel its something electrical but I have no idea. Single mom w no money I am stumped : ( please help!
Jennifercoger

Would help to know there were any codes in the computer?

Also what are you missing do you have spark?Also what is the actual fuel pressure?

0 codes on the home scanner I used.

Jennifercoger
It does have spark, not sure how to check fuel pressure, sorry

Jennifercoger
So it has a nice blue spark on all the cylinders?Also we need to see what the actual fuel pressure is?You can rent a fuel pressure gauge at auto zone and I can tell you how to use it. Also when trying to start it is the security light on solid or flashing?Also what size engine doyou have?

3.1 liter. I believe the light does flash. Silly me read about resetting the security tried to turn the key forward for ten minutes then off, repeat x3 and well, all I did was kill the battery. I will have to rent the pressure gauge and get back to you hopefully for more advice. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Jennifercoger
If the security light flashes thats why it wont start there is a fault in the security system. Get the battery charged and tested. Then try relearning the pass lock again lets start there then we will have to have the body control module scanned for codes which you cant do with a basic code reader. It needs a more advanced code reader.

Would you happen to know the exact relearn code for this model, I charged the battery but didn't test it yet, was going to at least try the relearn. For now.

Jennifercoger
Relearning the pass lock sensor is just like you were trying before the battery died. Then we see what codes it has in the body control module if it starts then you could drive it to get the body control module scanned for codes.