PONTIAC FIREBIRD PRESSURE TEST PROBLEM

2002 Pontiac Firebird • 78,254 miles

After a short trip to the local store when I returned to my vehicle and started it the smell of anti freeze was over whelming in the front. No actual leak inside or out. I will assume that the heater core has or is about to go bad. Is the access point
to reach it - from the inside on the passanger side behind the glove box? Approx. How long will this repair take? Is this a normal repair for the amount of miles we have on the car?
Sdeatherage

The dash has to come out first so have it pressure checked to make sure

The pressure test is done at the small valve to confirm its failing correct. I was told that the dash and also the seats need to come out for this repair. A 60.00 dollars part requiring a $1000.00 in labor to replace? The individual who quoted me is not answering my questions on the test at the pressure valve.

Sdeatherage
No it's tested throught eh radiator with a pressure tester, if you need to seeone go to an auto parts store and they will show you one- a coolant pressure tester.