OVERHEATING

2002 Nissan Primera • 2WD Automatic • 63,500 miles

Overheating nissan primera
also the sat nav and radio wont work
Russelldawson@ymail.com

Do you have coolant losses issues?
When does the overheating occur?
Are the cooling fans coming on?
Did you check the radio fuses?

There seems to be coolant in the radiator and cant see any leaks, overheating is hit n miss, it comes on the dash warning me of it the needle goes into the red and then drops again and warning goes off, fans seem to be working fine, the fuses looked ok and its only happened when I went back to the car to check it over regarding the overheating, it worked fine before that

If the cooling fans are working correctly with no losses of coolant, intermittent overheating are usually caused by a faulty thermostat that is sticking at times.

So does that explain the needle going into the red and back down again sporadically, what about the cabin heating and sat nav not working?

Yes, an intermittently failing thermostat can cause the symptoms described.

Is there no cabin heating or is it intermittent as well?

Have you checked the fuse for the sat nav?

No cabin heating at all, its all built in together and in the dash and it seems to come on but no display, you can see the screen light up dimly but nothing will work at all, heating sat nav or cd, it just seems to be blowing cold air in to the cabin in the footwells?

It cold be a fault with the Auto Amp or power supply.

Check the following fuses in fuse block behind dash left of steering column.

Fuse #1 and #2, (15 A)
Fuse #5 (7.5 A)
Fuse # 6 and # 8(10 A)

They seem fine, its blowing cold air out thats all and wont swith off, not good seen as its winter, what do you suggest I do regarding both issues?

If that is the case, the auto amp is most likely to be faulty. Check through to see if you can come up with anything.

AUTO AMP. TERMINALS AND REFERENCE VALUE

INSPECTION OF AUTO AMP.

• Measure voltage between each terminal and body ground by following "AUTO AMP. INSPECTION TABLE".

Fig. 34: Locating Auto Amplifier

• Pin connector terminal layout

Fig. 35: Identifying Connector Layout

AUTO AMP. INSPECTION TABLE
Fig. 36: Auto Amplifier Connector Inspection Table (1 Of 2)

Fig. 37: Auto Amplifier Connector Inspection Table (2 Of 2)