MITSUBISHI GALANT FUSE PROBLEM

2002 Mitsubishi Galant • 147 miles

Brother inlaws an idiot replaced my bad battery while I was at work replacing with a good battery but hooking cables up backwards. After the car would not start they didn't question why a good battery didn't crank right over so he tried jumping it afterwards my fiance said the car started flicking lights locking doors. After I got home 3 hrs later I popped hood and noticed the problem right away disconnected replaced cable and cable ends and bought a battery actually made for the car. Car now cranks over but will not start any ideas?
Justinstclair

Have you checked main fuses under the hood? Have you checked to see if there is spark and fuel to the engine?

Have checked its getting fuel and is a spark and checked some of the smaller fuses but not sure how to check main fuses just worried its the computer

Justinstclair
You need to check the main fuses. If you can't check them by looking at them, you need to check them for continunity. If I recall, the computer is protected by a fuse on this year.

How do I check them for continunity?

Justinstclair
Basically, you are checking to see if power will run through the fuse. If there is a break, it won't go through. I use a volt meter that can check continunity. It puts a small amount of power in one end of the fuse and if it comes out the other end, I know it is good.

Gotcha will make a call stay on you got more questions to answer : )

Justinstclair